Yeast infection in babies! Yes, of-course those wonderful chubby babies can develop yeast infection. But, parents have to be extra cautious and not confuse yeast infection with rashes. But, a diaper rash that is left untreated can easily result in yeast infection.
As soon as you notice tiny blisters or dots on your baby's skin, visit a pediatrician and get your baby checked for yeast infection. In case the infection is mild, you can give your baby antifungals and keep their diapers dry. Sadly, you cannot use Yeastrol yeast infection treatment which despite being homeopathic is not recommended for use by children below 12 years of age. But, here is what all you can do to relieve your baby of this menace.
Baby Yeast Infection Home Remedy
* Mix lavender oil, roman chamomile as well as essential oil in equal quantities. Now wash the affected area with fresh solution of vinegar and water. After washing, apply the mixture on the affected area. Don't put on the diaper immediately after applying the paste. Wait for a few moments and let the mixture dry out. Once the oil is absorbed properly by the skin, you can put the diaper back in place.
* One of the most effective and natural ways of treating yeast infection in babies is a bath in lukewarm water. Also, mix a little amount of apple cider vinegar. This water treatment would not only treat yeast infection in the baby, but also soothe his skin. This method must be followed everyday for over a week or till the time the symptoms of yeast infection don't disappear.
* Garlic is a very old remedy that is used to treat adult yeast infection. It can also be used to treat yeast infection in babies. You just have to rub garlic clove on the affected area. You can even mash garlic tablet in your baby's milk or food. It would be better if you add odorless tablets in the food.
* Apply aloe vera gel on the affected area. The gel is anti-fungal and it helps treat as well as prevent yeast infection in babies. You should apply it twice or thrice everyday till the symptoms of yeast infection don't subside appreciably.
* Another important remedy is to prepare ginger tea and dilute it in water. Feed this tea to the baby once in a day. You would see noticeable improvements within few days.
* You can also treat yeast infection in your baby with the help of yogurt. If your baby is not even six months, simply apply yogurt on the affected area. In case your baby is above six months, you can even feed him a cup of yogurt daily.
Thus, you can treat yeast infection in children at home itself with the help of above mentioned effective as well as safe remedies.